Friday, November 13, 2009

Random Musing (Thanks to Juno)

There is this one part in Juno (and you dare not diss one of my favorite movies on my blog of love) where Mr. MacGuff mentions how he couldn't believe that Paulie Bleeker could "get it up." This one line should further aide the decision of teenagers to postpone their sexual activity status.
When a woman gets married, she might get asked a very general question about her sex life by an overly obnoxious/nosy/caring (redundant much?) mother or close female family member. Once one is married, their parents just naturally assume that they have a sexually healthy relationship. However, a teenager who has sex runs the risk of a parent finding out. If the parent isn't okay with the fact, the child will be under constant scrutiny - which makes the kid contemplate all of the nasty thoughts running through the parents' minds. If the parent is extraordinary liberal and is mighty fine with the fact, the child and parent are more likely to have a "Gilmore relationship" - as I like to call it - and the conversation gets nosy again.
I can't imagine my parents saying "Oh, wow, I can't believe that kid got it up." or "Wow. They do it in the room right next to us and we didn't even hear a sound; how bad could the sex be!?" In all seriousness, a sex life is one's own business and does not need the protruding thoughts of parental figures. Once again, I thank Juno for another reinforcement in my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment